On occasion, it may be that excess speed when typing a web address on the keyboard, nos equivoquemos al teclear una letra de más o de menos, or you press on another character that is located next to the correct.
Namely, casos en los que escribimos por ejemplo www.gogle.com, en vez de www.google.com o twiter.com en vez de Twitter, o similares.
For, incredibly, hay “cerebritos malintencionados” que no dudan en aprovecharse de estos errores, for their own benefit.
"A typographical error in a web address can give us any problems"
What is Typosquatting?
The call Typosquatting, comprises term "type" (Typography) y “squat” (occupy), and at other times you will see designated URL hijaking (URL hijacking) It is a method by which cybercriminals register domain names very similar to those from major corporations and popular websites that have high traffic and waiting for user error redirect to malicious websites.
Thereby, to any user who mistakenly typed a web address will open a different page that originally intended visit.
What are the purposes of Typosquatting?
- Phishing: It is a method of theft is commonly used within the banking sector, although it can also be used on shopping online plagiarism well known.
Scammers completely copied the original company website for users confidence that they are in the right place. This way they can get to get key data such as account numbers or card, then use them fraudulently.
- Propagar Malware: What used to infect computers with all sample computer code containing virus, troyanos o spyware. Its aim is to cause damage to equipment or get valuable information we hold on our devices.
Generally, try to fool them to users who download the software browsers false, although sometimes, we can not realize that we have already been infected because they lead directly to the Web we wanted to visit.
- Links to other Web sites: Being porn games and the most used pages.
- Advertising: The most widely used is the redirection to an advertising page. They are websites that host many links to pages that may or may not be related to the theme of the web we are looking.
At other times they are simply exhibiting an ad pages with promotions for products or services, as if it were spam.
Tips not to be deceived:
Is likely to give us realize quickly committed typo, even when accessing a web page in which the expected content does not appear. However, it may happen that the target web page, even though not correspond with the true, has been designed in a way that may create the impression that the user is the page you wanted to visit.
- Be careful when writing, especially when it comes to long or complex URLs, should always confirm that the address on the web browser is, actually we wanted to type.
- When not sure how to spell a URL, is advisable to perform a search in question format in a search engine trust. How do you spell ...?
- Try to use search engines whose results offer alternatives such as "Did you mean ..." with probable right word and the resulting search list to avoid the type sail typosquatting sites.
- Be cautious. Make sure that the site that is sailing safe and reliable, before disclosing any information.
- Seek common sense, wary of websites that offer to download applications that have not been requested.
- Utilizar herramientas de seguridad antimalware o soluciones antivirus que permitan mantener nuestro sistema protegido de todo tipo de amenazas de Internet.
“Si me engañas una vez, Yours is the fault; yes I cheated the, is mine "